Date:      03 Jan 2003 20:35:13 -0800
From:      Justin Hopper <jhopper@spry.com>
To:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mysterious problem with ldconfig and ld

--=-sA4HFO2L5L9Tiro52BTc

Hmmm, I guess I just assumed that since ldconfig had cached the absolute
path to the library, ld would not need to know the library path as well,
but for some reason it did.

What ultimately fixed the problem was hardcoding the -L /usr/local/lib
in the configure script, since it refused to pick up that directory any
other way.

Thanks for your help.  As a point of curiosity, I'd still like to know
why ld would still need the -L /usr/local/lib if the full path to the
library is already in the cache?
--
Justin Hopper
jhopper@spry.com