Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 11:42:03 +0000 (GMT)
From:      freebsd-questions account <question@namodn.com>
To:        vern <vern@columbus.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freebds

FreeBSD is a 32 bit operating system based on UNIX, developed at berkeley.

Microsoft has thus far not been interested in developing Internet Explorer
for BSD or Linux :)

However, many versions of Netscape are available, as well as other (free)
browsers.

FreeBSD has it's own GUI, or graphical user interface, and is independant
of any microsoft product, such as Windows 3.1

FreeBSD would give you a wealth of free programs and applications, as well
as a growing number of commercial applications. Games, word processors, a
complete programming development environment, you even have a great choice
between operating environments (command line, or many different graphical
window environments, though x-windows or kde)

-rob
( www.namodn.com )
( mailto : robert@namodn.com )