Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 1997 19:35:36 -0400
From:      Chris Peltier <CPELTIER@iectech.com>
To:        "'questions@FreeBSD.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   DE driver

Is there a differance between the Digital
DE500-AA and DE500-XA NIC cards as
far as FreeBSD is concerned? The AA
board has a socket for a Boot ROM and
the XA does not. I am having a problem
with an older system (2.1.0 Release). I rebuilt
the kernel to add support for de1 (I already have
a DE500-XA board in the system - de0)
and the device is detected but refuses to
operate properly. The activity LED is always on
when the board is initialized upon boot. ifconfig
reports the board as up and available. Pings fail
with network down. Problems occur only on
the DE500-AA board. The XA boards work great.
Any ideas? How about under 2.2.2?

Sincerely,
                        Chris Peltier

*	email: CPELTIER@IECTECH.COM