Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:26:36 -0800
From:      Chris Samaritoni <chris@tierra.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Obtaining CPU serial numbers

Hey Everyone,

I was wonder is there a way to determine the serial numbers of the CPUs in
a machine while it's running. Similar in the way you can use the camcontrol
util to determine the hard drive serial numbers. If not is there a way to
determine the speed of the processors? I know you can look in the message
file after boot up and find it, but I'm looking for a util so I don't have
to reboot hundreds of machines.

Thanks,

Chris Samaritoni
chris@tierra.net