Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 15:51:55 -0400
From:      "Eric W. Bates" <ericx@vineyard.net>
To:        Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        Jack Wenger <webmaster@deancare.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DNS can't resolve a single domain

 > From: Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
 > Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 12:27:39 -0400 (EDT)
 >

 > Can it resolve its dns servers? (DIGINSITE.COM)
 >
 > I had one client like that here - couldnt resolve for nothing, and it
 > turned out that the nic had put it on hold for non-payment - even though
 > whois didnt indicate it - the only other time was a hyphenated domain.

Ditto.

NSI's whois no longer indicates euphemistic non-payment (to many
sleazo's capitalizing on this info and stealing domains from folk too
clueless to pay on time).

If it is an NSI registration, check
<https://payments.networksolutions.com/>.

You might also use nslookup and query the root servers.

 > On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Jack Wenger wrote:
 >
 > > This is a strange one. I'm running split DNS and my internal nameserver
 > > can't resolve one domain. The domain in question is baraboonational.com. I
 > > can resolve it outside of my firewall, but not inside. Everything else
 > > resolves. I've added the IP and host/domain name to a couple of
 > > workstations and they then can see the sight. Would someone who knows more
 > > about DNS please help me?
 > > Jack Wenger
 > > Internet Administrator
 > > Dean Health Plan
 > > Madison, WI
 > > 608-250-1237

 > > with "unsubscribe freebsd-isp" in the body of the message

Eric W. Bates