Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 1996 10:56:50 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        lada@ws2301.gud.siemens.co.at (Hr.Ladavac)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee, doug@sun1paztcn.wr.usgs.gov, nate@mt.sri.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: JDK 1.02

> I hear that an Infocom adventure once compiled will run wherever a Zork
> machine is available.

Search for "ZIL" and "ZORK" in Yahoo or Lycos... I have been running
all of the Infocomm stuff on my FreeBSD box since 1.1...

There are also decompilers, compilers, and programming manuals
available. 8-).

> No, no, no, they just provided C++ like interface to the Zork machine
> (which is object based and uses inheritance internally.)

The original ZORK was written in MDL ("muddle") on old DEC systems;
they had one at the county library for a long time -- many library
database systems were written in MDL.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---