Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 1997 22:00:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      Terry Eck <eck@dseg.ti.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Read Error on booting

I just finished installing FreeBSD and when rebooting I get and error
"Read Error" and the computer halts. When installing I had to configure
the kernel for an aha1542 base address of 0x130. When I finished
installing does the kernel located on the / partition contain the
correct configuration?

I have / located on the 4th partition of my 1st ide drive and the rest
of the file system is located on the 2nd partition of my scsi drive.

Can anyone help me? BTW thanks for the help so far in answering my
previous questions about spliting the filesystem between drives, it
worked great during the install.

Terry..
Terry Eck
eck@sc10.dseg.ti.com       //// Hukt on Foniks Rilly Wurkt Fer Mee! ////