Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:16:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Ben Salem <bfs@kscable.com>
Cc:        Joe Nieten <jln@lincom-asg.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DHCP

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Ben Salem wrote:

> Joe Nieten wrote:
>
> > Does FreeBSD include a DHCP server?

> Yes, in 3.1 and I think 3.2, isc-dhcp2 is part of the base system.  You
> can also install it from the ports/packages collection.

	I mention this only because it has been said several times today.
In freebsd 3.x the *client* is included in the base system, but the server
is not.

	A dhcp client is a program that requests a lease from a dhcp
server on the same network. The isc dhcp port includes both programs.

HTH,

Doug
--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter