Date:      Sat, 17 Aug 2002 14:50:59 +0200
From:      Tilman Linneweh <tilman@arved.de>
To:        tapeworm <tapeworm@insekta.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dead Ports..

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk

> I don't know if this is a proper method for submitting reports for
> broken ports, but if not, i'd appreciate a pointer in the right
> direction.  This is simply a small grouping of the ports I recently
> tried installing which appear to be broken for a variety of reasons.

Do a "make maintainer" in the Ports directory. You will get an
Emailadress. Please notify this person.

> ports/audio/cmt : checksum mismatch.  current distfile shows it to be
> MD5 (cmt_src.tgz) =3D 21c6cbf2a755f9c8a6470b395e9a2792.
> as i recall, this requires ladspa as a dependency.
>=20
> ports/audio/ladspa : checksum mismatch also.  current distfile shows MD5
> (ladspa_sdk.tgz) =3D 00b34b8f9a80a1fe141b643e64ac1681
> this also causes problems when making terminatorx, which has ladspa
> as a dependency.

These ones are mine. I just checked the website, from ChangeHistory i
read Richard Furse updated the tarball to the new ladspa version.=20
Unfortunately he doesn't want to version his tarballs.

Please change MASTER_SITES for audio/ladspa to
http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0025974/bsdsrc/ until i checked if the
update doesn't break anything.
=20
BTW, if you are interested in LADSPA plugins, you may try my PR of Steve
Harris LADSPA-Plugins ports/41055

> hope this was helpful to someone.  i don't (yet) have the know-how to
> even work on a port myself, so for the time being, i defer to the lot of
> you smart folk.

Take a look at the Porters Handbook, if you are interested how this
Ports-thing works.

Thanks for your Report
arved

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk