Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:05:37 +0100
From:      Peter Gade Jensen <rhazn@daimi.au.dk>
To:        Morten Rodal <morten@rodal.no>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ACPI: -dp2 vs. -release

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 04:49:56PM +0100, Morten Rodal wrote:
> I have the same feature on my Dell laptop.  The screen's brightness
> (or dim if you want) will go down when the computer is running on
> batteries.

yes this happens with a 5.0-DP2 kernel. BUT not with a never kernel.

> It is however possible to change this back to normal with
> the "Fn" key (you probably have something similiar on your Toshiba) so
> that the brightness back to "normal."  Dell laptops remember this, so
> the next time I run the computer on batteries it will restore the
> brightness to the level I had last time I used it on batteries.

The Fn-keys for turning the brightness up/down doesn't work with 5.0 on
my laptop.

> I do not think this has anything to do with ACPI implimentation in
> FreeBSD.

Since the brightness was turned down because the machine was put into
economy-mode and the powermanagment is handled by the ACPI subsystem, I
would believe that has.

So the real question is: Can you configure the economy-profile to start
doing it again?

/peter

--
If you hold a Unix shell to your ear, do you hear the C?