Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:06:08 -0400
From:      steinyv <steinyv@skyweb.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel

Hey all.  I have a scsi system and I disabled the printer and com ports in
the bios and Im not using a ps2 mouse.  I configured the kernel commenting
these particular hardware out.  The system boots fine and sees and
configures all my hardware, but when I use dmesg, in the list I get
config> di pcic0
no such device: pcic0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type '?' for help
This also appear for devices psm0, sio1, sio0, ppc0, sn0, lnc0, le0, fe0,
cs0, bt0, ata1, ata0, aic0, aha0, adv0.
I recognize some of these to be stuff that were commented out of the
kernel.  Is this normal, or is there something else that should be done........
Thanks