Date:      Tue, 5 Apr 2011 09:10:12 GMT
From:      Beat Gaetzi <beat@FreeBSD.org>
To:        gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/155949: www/firefox: firefox 4, WITH_PGO, better Text against DISPLAY problem

The following reply was made to PR ports/155949; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Beat Gaetzi <beat@FreeBSD.org>
To: Bernhard Froehlich <decke@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/155949: www/firefox: firefox 4, WITH_PGO, better Text against
 DISPLAY problem
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 11:01:05 +0200

 On 04.04.2011 13:29, Bernhard Froehlich wrote:
 > I think the cleanest solution would be a check before starting build to
 > detect if X is available or not. (ideally configure or otherwise port
 > Makefile) But if we are talking about PGO removal do we have some
 > numbers how much speed you gain? I don't feel any differences on my
 > machine and JS benchmarks are about the same. Mozilla ships his own
 > Firefox binaries all without PGO so I'm not sure about the support of
 > that optimizations.

 I don't know how we should or can test that X is available or not.
 Please note I don't think that we should remove PGO from the port in
 general I propose to remove it only from OPTIONS. Although I do not have
 numbers what we gain with PGO from my subjective experience when using
 Firefox I think it act faster when building with PGO.

 Beat