Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 1996 00:59:08 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        rone@ennui.ops.best.com (Ron Echeverri)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to print from FreeBSD to NT server?

> We have an NT machine here at work that is the main printer server for our
> Microsoft network (bletch).  Is there anything i could do on my end to let
> me print on the NT machine?  (sorry, i know this isn't much information...)
>
> Please send me mail `cause i'm not on this list anymore...  (extra-lame)

There is a program you can install as a print filter for the BSD
system.  It is part of the Samba package.

As long as the NT system serves printers via SMB (LAN Manager), not
just NetBEUI, then you will be able to install the print filter.

Samba is in the ports and can be installed vi the normal install
method for ported software.  It includes documentation on how to
set up the /etc/printcap file on FreeBSD.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.