Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:01:32 +0800
From:      "Craig Beasland" <craig@hotmix.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   UPS

Hi there,

I have just purchased a new UPS for my servers and have a quick question.

Works Great
	I set the software to shutdown with 5 minutes of battery power remaining.
	The computer does a "shutdown now" to shutdown
	The 5 minutes goes by and the power goes out and the machine powers off.
	10 minutes later the power comes back on and the machine comes back on.

However,
	I set the software to shutdown with 5 minutes of battery power remaining.
	The computer does a "shutdown now" to shutdown
	3 minutes goes by and the power comes back on.
	The machine is already in the shutdown ready mode

How does the machine know to restart itself if the power comes back on after
it has shutdown but before the battery in the UPS stops working?

cheers
craig