Date:      Thu, 16 Apr 2009 23:27:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Beukema <jpbeukema@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   boot manager vista

I am having trouble with the freebsd boot manager on an
ACER Aspire 4730Z laptop.

I installed the latest version
of FBSD on partition 3.  Partition 1 is a 10 G compressed
partition with the Windows Vista Home system to install and
backup.  partition 2 is Windows after installation.

I installed the boot0 manager.  it worked for bsd but not
vista and i had to reinstall windows.

after I could not access fbsd other than by setting partition 3
active which again denied access to windows.  fbsd is there and
boots.

How can I install a boot manager to be able to use both Vista and fbsd?

John Beukema