Date:      Sun, 21 Apr 1996 09:44:26 -0500
From:      peter@taronga.com (Peter da Silva)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lesstif (motif compatible) package.

In article <Pine.BSF.3.91.960412013548.8081B-100000@boner.mrami.com>,
Marc Ramirez  <mrami@mrami.com> wrote:
>GUI builders help interface design the same way WYSIWYG word processors
>help document design: you can see mistakes as soon as you make them.

I don't like "what you see is all you get" word processors either.

You end up having to do a bunch of low level screwing around anyway, unless
you want to implement your overall document style by doing a bunch of point
and click stuff over and over again, and it's hard to share style sheets
and the like.

If I ever found a GUI builder that was good for more than "properties
boxes" and a word processor that's good for more than memos maybe I'd
change my tune. I'm still waiting.