Date:      Wed, 15 May 2002 18:31:02 -0700
From:      "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   All CAPS When Using Serial Console Via Tip

I had a headless 486 box and another FBSD box that has a serial cable
from COM2 to COM1 on the 486 box.  To connect to the serial console on
the 486, I have always established a ssh session to the other FBSD box
using SecureCRT 3.4 on a Win 2K machine and then used tip to connect
to the console.  Everything has always worked fine.

I was given a Pentium 133 & motherboard so I replaced the 486 with it.
Nothing else has changed.  Now when I connect to the serial console,
all characters are in CAPS.  I have no idea of the motherboard
manufacturer. The BIOS is Award.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Drew