Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:01:43 +0200
From:      Alexander Maret <maret@axis.de>
To:        'David Coder' <dacoder@dcoder.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Is it possible to clone a hard disk?

Hi,

is it possible to clone only a slice and not the whole
drive? I have a 3.2-R System with vinum-mirrored disks. Both
drives are configured the same way. The only problem is that
vinum doesn't mirror root slices. So I would like to
clone only the root slice from time to time to keep
the second drive up-to-date. Should I do this with dd or
can I do a "cp /dev/da0a /dev/da1a" Both partitions have the
same size and the same position on both drives.

Alex