Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 1997 00:00:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        tomdean@ix.netcom.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FREEBSD.org
Subject:   Re: math libs? (core please take a peek)

> The libm that has the mose 'fpu support is the msun lib, located
> in /usr/src/lib/msun.
>
> Build this lib with make -DHAVE_FPU
> and install it with make install.
>
> You should do this as root.
>
> I normally use make -n -DHAVE_FPU, etc. to see what the command
> does before I do it.
>
> I have been looking at this lib with an eye to improvements.
>
> If you have questions or problems, ask.

Okay, thanks.  Can I make a suggestion to the core team members, build both a
FPU and non FPU version of libm and stuff it in /usr/lib.  Then make libm a
softlink to the emulated version.  That way changing versions can be done by
asking about it during install, or simply after system install...

-Crh

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu

                         http://pilot.msu.edu/~henrich