Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:51:43 -0400
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: swith old version to the new version

tethys ocean wrote:

> No; in document (http://www.hart.co.jp/spam/sa-clamav-e.html) only insruct
> to spamassassin installation but I think perl updating process is hard and
> differ from spamasssin installation, since it give some error  in below
>

>  Verifying install for p5-GSSAPI>0 in /usr/ports/security/p5-GSSAPI
> ===>   p5-GSSAPI-0.22 depends on file:
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Test/More.pm - found
> ===>   p5-GSSAPI-0.22 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8 - found
> ===>  Configuring for p5-GSSAPI-0.22
>
>  Welcome to GSSAPI.pm setup!
>
>  run "perl Makefile.PL --help" to see further installation options

// from: /usr/ports/UPDATING //

  lang/perl5.8 has been updated to 5.8.8.  You should update everything
  depending on perl.  The easiest way to do that is to use
  perl-after-upgrade script supplied with lang/perl5.8.  Please see
  its manual page for details.

Now, did you actually follow that scenario? If not, I would highly
recommend that you do so. To simplify matters, if you do not already have
it installed, install '/sysutils/portmanager'. After it is installed,
run it with this command:

portmanager lang/perl5.8 -l

That will update perl and create a log file for you in
/var/log/portmanager.log. I would highly recommend that you update your
ports tree prior to actually trying to install any of these ports
however.

Now run the 'perl-after-upgrade' script. Try 'man perl-after-upgrade'
sans quotes to get the information that you will require to properly run
the script. It is really quite simple.

Now run this:

portmanager mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin -l

That should install SpamAssassin for you.

Good luck!

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard@seibercom.net

I love my work, I could sit and watch it all day long.