Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 22:00:20 +0000
From:      Nuno Teixeira <nunotex@aeiou.pt>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   -O2 broke ppp NAT

Hello to all,

For the first time I compile current-p3 -> current-p4 with
-march=pentium2 -O2 -mmmx -pipe and aparently everything works ok
except ppp -nat. NAT just don't work on my network. All machines are
able to ping except ftp, http, etc.

I rebuild everything with no CPUTYPE? and CFLAGS and ppp -nat is working
again.

I know that this isn't a important issue or bug because there are lots
of warnings about gcc optimizations because the system may become unstable.

I will not use extra optitimization on my buildsi anymore. A good lesson.

Thanks very much,

		Nuno Teixeira

--

/*