Date:      Sun, 9 Sep 2001 23:17:07 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt@ezwv.com>
To:        sig@is.akita-u.ac.jp
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.4-RELEASE

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:50:58 +0900 you wrote:
> I tried to install 4.4-RC4 from ISO image.
> (It was the first time for me to install 4.4-RC's)
>
> Almost was good.  But I was confused by the key assignment in
> the mode of selecting packages in sysinstall(8).  How should we
> operate in order to escape out of the mode of packages selection?
> Select [Cancel] by TAB key?
> --
> SASAKI Shigeo, Akita University, Japan

The TAB key will toggle between the last package selected, OK and Cancel.
You can tell where the focus is by looking for a clear letter in the blue
background.

After selecting the package(s), press the TAB key once.  It should toggle to
the OK selection.  Then press Enter to return to the Package Selection menu
where you choose Install to proceed with installing the selected packages.

Alternatively, if you lose track of where the TAB has focused, you can use
the left/right arrow keys to select OK and then press Enter to proceed.

I'll put something together to clarify this in the Installation section of
the Handbook.

Randy