Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:02:35 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: option directive and turning on AOE

Andre Oppermann wrote:

>Yea, a ng_pfilhook module should be fairly easy to write.  I don't like
>it the other way around.  PFIL_HOOKS is a hooking mechanism, so something
>should hook itself in there.

actually, netgraph is nothing but a hooking/connecting framework..
The modules are all just consumers of that interface.
an ng_pfil node would be a node that filters packets that are received
from a netgraph source..
it wouldn't have a clue what kind of source that was..

there already is an ng_ipfw node (but not in freebsd, though I believe
it's coming)
and there is an ng_bpf node that takes arbitrary filterring "programs"
as generated by bpf.