Date:      Sun, 02 Mar 1997 02:04:05 -0500
From:      Michael Alwan <alwan@rma.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installation problems with xemacs-19.14 pkg

To all:

First time I tried to install this large package, I got errors about
file "doesn't really exist;"  Jordan Hubbard told me how to fix
pkg_add.  I finally got the correct sources from the stable tree
tonight, and pkg_add seems to be fixed, but my problems with xemacs
continues.  Using the -n option with pkg_add, I got these errors:

xemacs-19.14 depends on 'jpeg-6a' and was not found

xemacs-19.14 depends on 'png-0.89c and was not found

Previously, trying to install without the -n option (after fixing
pkg_add), I got these error messages plus others about directories not
existing.  It seems sometimes there are two or three levels in a
directory tree that don't exist.  I.e. where pkg_add expected to find
something like /usr/lib/?1/?2/emacs, my existing directory tree doesn't
even go as far as ?1.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Michael