Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2001 16:16:33 -0500
From:      Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, jhk@freebsd.org, gad@freebsd.org, reg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [patch] which package functionality for pkg_info

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 10:59:18PM +0200, Maxim Sobolev wrote:

> > comments welcome as always.
>
> This time only cosmetics, more comprehensive review I'll try to do
> tomorrow.

thanks a lot!

> >  char *CheckPkg		= NULL;
> > +char *CheckFile         = NULL;
>
> Please be carefull with spaces vs. tabs. Get an editor with space
> highlighting and reviw all your patch.

oops, i thought i had gotten that one...

> > +/* comparison to see if two paths we're on matches the one we're looking for. */
>
> Please break up long lines like the above to the several lines.

done.

> > +static int
> > +cmp_path(const char *target, const char *current, const char *cwd) {
>
> Please read style(9) for the conventions used in FreeBSD code.
> Particularly, function should be in the form:
>
> void
> foo(int bar)
> {
> }

ok.

> > +    strncpy(temp, cwd, cwd_len);
> > +    strncat(temp, "/", 1);
> > +    strncat(temp, current, current_len);
>
> Use strlcpy(3) and sprlcat(3) instead of strncpy/strncat - the former
> are considerably less error-prone.

cool!  i had never seen those before.

> > +    if (!strncmp(target, fixed_path, strlen(target)))
> > +	rval = 1;
> > +    else
> > +	rval = 0;
>
> Again, please make indentation consistent with the rest of code.

the way it is now is a 4 space indent, with tabs used wherever there are two
levels of indent, which is what the rest of the file seems to do.  is there
something else i should be doing?

> > +    FTS *ftsp;
> > +    FTSENT *entp;
>
> Please check if you can leverage yet-to-be added matchinstalled()
> function (see my recent patches in the freebsd-ports list) to get names
> of installed packages instead of rolling your own fts(3) loop.

i'll take a look at it.

> > -.Op Fl cdDfgGiIkLmopqrRsvx
> > +.Op Fl cdDfgGiIkLmopqrRsvWx
> >  .Op Fl e Ar package
> >  .Op Fl l Ar prefix
> >  .Op Fl t Ar template
> > +.Op Fl W Ar filename
>
> You don't have to manifest `W' twice. Please remove it from the
> `cdDfgGiIkLmopqrRsvWx'.

oops.  thanks.

--
garrett rooney                        Unix was not designed to stop you from
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net          doing stupid things, because that would