Date:      Fri, 04 Apr 1997 01:22:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dave Hummel <HUMMDN36@BUFFALOSTATE.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Minicom caused crash

This is actually the second time this has happened. Minicom caused a reboot
when starting up. I wasn't paying enought attention to see if it happened during
modem initialization, but I have a feeling it did. Now I also get "Device
/dev/modem locked" errors in Kermit and Minicom. My modem performs nicely under
dos kermit and ijjppp. Any ideas on what may have caused this? Also, how to
unlock modem?
The modem is a cheap digicom, hayes compatible 14.4
FreeBSD 2.1.6, Minicom 1.75 from ports on cd distribution

Thanks,
Dave