Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:18:57 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <st@i-plus.net>
To:        "Chris Malayter" <mustang@TeraHertz.Net>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Binding Virtual IP's

There is a mechinism already in place where can add lines to /etc/rc.conf,
but that is a highly messy way to do it if you are binding many IPs.  I
use this script to do the deed:

  #!/bin/sh
  echo -n 'Binding Aliased IPs'
  i=1
  j=255
  while test ${i} -lt ${j} ; do
    /sbin/ifconfig fxp0 inet 209.100.27.${i} netmask 0xFFFFFFFF alias
    i=`/bin/expr ${i} + 1`
    echo -n .
  done
  echo " done"

This script could be easily modified to bind multiple blocks of ip
addresses.  This does the job for me though (for at least another 100
vhosts :)

--
  Troy Settle
  iPlus Internet Services

It's always a long day... 86400 doesn't fit into a short.