Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 1996 05:40:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brian T. Schellenberger - Personal Account" <babbleon@mercury.interpath.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Kernel config file / "conflict" etc.

I meant to add this to my last messages; sorry for the extra clutter . . .

I don't mean to be dense, but are all the keywords in the config file
docuented someplace?  The handbook has lines for lots of possible devices,
but no detailed info on, for example, "conflict."  Since lpt0 and sb0
both want IRQ 7, sb0 specifies "conflict," as per LINT.  But the usual
lpt0 does not specify "conflict."  Do I need to add it?

And where is general doc on the details of the config file?

--
Brian T. Schellenberger, the Man from Babble-On.

"Someday I'll get around to importing all the cool quotes from my other
account's .sig files."      http://mercury.interpath.com/~babbleon