Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:04:54 +0100
From:      Oscar I Lepe <oscar@ac.upc.es>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to inlcude a new option for building a kernel

Hi!
I'm have some ad-hoc code inserted in some kernel files that is guarded
with pairs of #ifdef ... #endif, as it is used. With FreeBSD3_2, I used
to add some option instructions in the i386/conf/MYKERNEL file that
defined proper symbols so the compiler would add my ad-hoc code. With
FreeBSD3_2, the config program complaint about "unknown options" but
still produced the compile/MYKERNEL files for building the kernel. So
all used to work then. Now, with FreeBSD4_1_1, the config program stops
working when it finds a unknown option and does not finishes producing
the compile/MYKERNEL files.

So the question might be, how to force the new config program to finish
its work despite of the unknown options as before?

The question might be another. How can I modify the config program so it
get to know the options I'm introducing?

Another one. How to acomplish the same thing without having to add new
options?

Thanks,

 0 0 0  Oscar-Ivan Lepe-Aldama     |     UPC-Campus Nord, DAC
 0 0 0  e-mail: oscar@ac.upc.es    |     Modul D6, despatx 116
 0 0 0  phone:  +34 93 401 7187    |     Jordi Girona, 1-3
 U P C  fax:    +34 93 401 7055    |     08034 Barcelona - SPAIN
        WWW:    http://www.ac.upc.es/homes/oscar/