Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 18:20:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Annoying problem with apache-modssl certs

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Ryan Thompson wrote:
> Hey all... Hope someone has seen this before...
>
> I've got an apache-modssl server (apache 1.3.9, mod-ssl 2.4.9, openssl
> 0.9.4) running under FreeBSB 3.4.
>
> A default entry is configured, using "server.crt" and "server.key", on a
> default server name.
>
> www.virtual1.tld
> I successfully added one virtual host, "virtual1.crt" / "virtual2.key".
> (Yes, I use a better naming convention than this :-)  Actually, that site
> has been up for a while.
>
> www.virtual2.tld
> Now, on the same server, I desired to add another virtual host.  So, after
> generating the key, csr, and obtaining signed .crt (Thawte), as I have
> always done, and adding another virtual host entry on the same IP/port 443
> in httpd.conf, and restarting the secure server, the following happens:

HTTPS does not support name based virtual hosts.  You need to use
unique IP addresses for each virtual when doing HTTPS.  Nothing
to do with Apache, mod_ssl or the ports.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com