Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:07:53 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Stephen Hilton" <nospam@hiltonbsd.com>, <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Apache13-fp port problem

From: "Stephen Hilton" <nospam@hiltonbsd.com>
> I tried to install the apache13-fp port last week on FreeBSD snapshot
> 4.4-20011010 and had to make some changes to the ports Makefile to get it
> compile. This is for FrontPage 2000 support.

This has been fixed in the latest update to the port:

This update was submitted today.

The problem is that for OSVERSION > 430000, lib[des|s]crypt were combined
into a single libcrypt library.  The port wasn't designed to detect this
change to the libcrypt library for OSVERSION > 430000 and OSVERSION <
500000.

> Then edited my /etc/login.conf and uncommented the last example for
> "des_users" to activate it, then ran the "cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf"
command.

> Then I took my FrontPage user who was already added with the default md5
> style password and added the login class to their passwd file entry with
> vipw.

This is now going to have to be how it works for now until RTR (www.rtr.com)
fixes the problem with MD5 passwords (Probably should test to see if it
works with blowfish (blf) passwords).

Scot