Date:      Sat, 05 Jan 2008 23:10:03 +0000
From:      Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh@onetel.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   unpack win32 exe file

Hi

I have a Windows executable file (.exe) which in a Windows environment
would be run to extract some files which it contains. Is there any  way
I can extract the files on my FreeBSD system? I've tried unzip, gunzip
and archivers/upx with various extensions, zip, exe, gz etc but they all
fail in one way or another. I know I could find a windows machine but I
would really like to know if it's possible.

Unzip looks as if it ought to do it but I get

  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
   a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
   latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
   the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of iata78_enu.exe or
         iata78_enu.exe.zip, and cannot find iata78_enu.exe.ZIP, period.

Thanks

Chris