Date:      Thu, 28 Nov 2002 01:19:22 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Daniel Flickinger <attila@hun.org>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT <current@freebsd.org>, Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
Subject:   Re: syslog:soffice.bin (ooo-1.0.1) sched_get_priority_min/max

    I had taken _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING out in late
    September when I leaned the kernel down with all the
    changes, etc. --put it back in today with the daily 1200
    GMT build.

    This does seem to cure the sched_get_priority_min/max
    signals from ooo, but ooo crashes everytime you close a
    file unless you have another active file in a second
    window ... nice/PIA. make sure you save your work early
    and often, just like voting in Boston.

    Not sure if it crashed on close file before the change
    since I did not close a file. It's not the first, and
    obviously will not be the last, userland program to crash.

    Should never speak too soon, but I can not remember the
    last OS crash during the entire 3+ year 5.0 CURRENT
    cycle. A few too many power crashes (So Utah power
    awful); bought an APC refurb by IBM 3KVA 3U UPS for $600
    (there're more available) to replace my dying 450VA
    --overkill for less $ than a 600VA.

Sent: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 21:36:12 -0800

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 03:40:37AM +0000, Daniel Flickinger wrote:
>   Every program in ooo-1.0.1 I have tried seems to be working
>   correctly, but syslog is logging copious quantities of:
>
>     cmd soffice.bin pid 817 tried to use non-present sched_get_priority_min
>     cmd soffice.bin pid 817 tried to use non-present sched_get_priority_max
>
>   I have also seen them from mozilla, but not in quantity.
>
>   Have I failed to include a kernel option?

Maybe.

options 	_KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING

--
Steve