Date:      Sat, 26 Feb 2000 00:40:40 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Luke Roberts <luke@roberts.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: small dialing in problem

Luke Roberts writes:
>Every now and then when i4b 0.83 (using i4bisppp on Free BSD 3.2 with a
>Teles 16.3 ISA version 1.1 non PnP) tries to dial in to my provider it
>won't get to the "switched to state 3" part of dialing in. It seems to hang
>at "Outgoing call active (ctl 0, ch0, isp0)" and I see a few bytes going in
>and out and eventually the connection is broken "outgoing call disconnected
>(local)".
>
>Manually hanging up the channel and causing a redial smoetimes does the
>trick to get to the next call "switched to state 3".
>
>Does anybody know what's going wrong here?
>Would upgrading to version 0.90 help?
>Is this the LCP loop bug?

I remember your mail, but the information you provide is much too
vague to give you an answer.

Turn on debugging on the interface and look at the log produced
when you connect. That's the only way to find out what's happening.

Take a look at the FAQ, it should help somewhat.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@muc.de garyj@fkr.cpqcorp.net gj@freebsd.org