Date:      Sun, 29 Jul 2001 12:31:10 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, "Eugene L. Vorokov" <vel@bugz.infotecs.ru>, Soren Kristensen <soren@soekris.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why two cards on the same segment...

Peter Wemm wrote:
> Have you seen Bill Paul's FEC stuff?  It works very nicely, but using the
> cisco Fast EtherChannel instead of VRRP.  While it isn't the same, we have
> used it with four interfaces merged into one virtual interface quite
> happily.

I haven't played with it... does it handle one of the four
dropping out, and do the right thing?

Say I have four boxes, and I want to have four virtual
interfaces; can you define more than one virtual interface
for the group at the same time, and keep four virtual
interfaces going with only three boxes?  That seems like
the most useful configuration (to me, anyway...).

-- Terry