Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 11:49:50 -0500
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "Wes Peters" <wes@softweyr.com>, "Kazutaka YOKOTA" <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>, <frank@exit.com>
Subject:   Re: Anyone else seeing jumpy mice?

Hi all,

    Im also seeing this messages in FreeBSD 3.4 Release:

> psmintr: out of sync (00c0 != 0000).
> psmintr: out of sync (0040 != 0000).
> psmintr: out of sync (0080 != 0000).

It doesnt even have X installed, nor APM enabled (BIOS & KERNEL) its a smtp,
pop3 & DNS dedicated server, I have just enabled the ps/2 mouse to copy
betwen consoles, the server in question its a IBM Netfinity 5000, the lines
in the rc.conf file looks like this:

moused_enable="YES"
moused_type="auto"
moused_port="/dev/psm0"
moused_flags="-3"
allscreens_flags="-m on"

% uname -a
FreeBSD xxx.xxx.xxx 3.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE #0: Mon Apr  3 10:24:33
GMT 2000     root@xxx.xxx.xxx:/usr/src/sys/compile/kernel  i386

% uptime
11:40AM  up 45 days, 21:47, 1 user, load averages: 0.21, 0.25, 0.24

% ps ax|grep moused
207  ??  Is     0:00.44 moused -3 -p /dev/psm0 -t auto

P.S. These messages started to happen a month after the installation date,
the mouse hasnt been used since, because this server its in another city,
and the people in there doesnt even have acces to the console.

If you need more info, just let me know.

I Hope this can help you ...
Ales