Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:35:22 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnupg on alpha?

Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de> wrote:

> I've just successfully compiled and tested on a -current PC164.

So I'd appreciate if somebody could explain what I'm seeing here
("bla" contains an email message encrypted with my public key):

FreeBSD-CURRENT/alpha:
--------------->
naddy@kemoauc[~] gpg -d bla
gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
gpg: encrypted with ELG-E key, ID DDD7442A
gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available
<---------------

OpenBSD/i386:
--------------->
naddy@harno[~] gpg -d bla
gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "Christian Weisgerber <naddy@freebsd.org>"
1024-bit ELG-E key, ID DDD7442A, created 2001-07-26 (main key ID
9CD5E3F8)

Enter passphrase: [...]

GnuPG 1.2.1 in both cases.  I just copied my .gnupg/ over to the
i386 box and it works there, so I don't see how it can be a
configuration issue.

I don't have a FreeBSD/i386 machine at hand.