Date:      Mon, 20 May 2013 16:40:01 GMT
From:      Daniel Shahaf <danielsh@apache.org>
To:        freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/178760: rc.d/jail: set jname at jail start time

The following reply was made to PR conf/178760; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Shahaf <danielsh@apache.org>
To: Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 17:34:20 +0300

 Miroslav Lachman wrote on Sun, May 19, 2013 at 11:09:25 +0200:
 > I don't know if it's worth the change as you can already use
 > jail_jena_flags="-l -U root -n jena"
 > in you rc.conf.

 True.  However, flags set in rc.conf replace the default ones, not
 append to them, so we cut the middleman and patched our rc.d/jail
 locally, to ensure that if the default flags change, we won't miss
 that when we upgrade.

 Another reason for just patching rc.d/jail is that we want the -n flag
 for every jail.  (That's also the reason we upstream the change.)

 > On the other side, the change is really simple and should be there for
 > years (from the first time the jail can have own name)
 >
 > The forthcoming new jail system with /etc/jail.conf will have all jails
 > named and there will be completely different rc.d/jail script for it.

 That's great.  However, if jail.conf is scheduled to appear in 9.2,
 I think the patch still makes sense for 9.1.