Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 19:21:23 -0700
From:      Erik Heurlin <eheurlin@earthlink.net>
To:        "Victor R. Cardona" <vcardon@siue.edu>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel make install fails at agp.ko

"Victor R. Cardona" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to upgrade my 4.0 RELEASE to 4.0 STABLE cvsuped two days ago. I
> am following the instructions in /usr/src/UPDATING, and everything works
> fine until I run make install in /usr/src/sys/modules. At that point, make
> complains that agp.ko does not exist.
>
> I have seen other messages with this problem, but have not seen an answer.
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Please reply to vcardon@siue.edu
>
> Thanks,
> Victor

   I just experienced nearly the same failure with the 'make buildkernel'
phase a few minutes ago,
but my machine complained that '/usr/src/sys/modules/if_tap.ko' does not
exist.
Well it doesn't exist in that directory, and apparently wasn't created during
the 'buildworld' phase.

   I cd'd to /usr/src/sys/modules/if_tap/ and typed 'make'. It created
'if_tap.ko' and then I re-started
the 'make buildkernel' phase and it finished up fine.

   Try doing a 'make' in the /usr/src/sys/modules/agp << directory, and then
resume your 'buildkernel'
from /usr/src. It worked for me.

--
Erik Heurlin