Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 15:23:40 +0200 (EET)
From:      Penisoara Adrian <ady@warpnet.ro>
To:        Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Serial Multiport solution ?

Hi,

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Patrick Gardella wrote:

> Ady,
>
> I have a Cyclades 8Yo ISA card on a FreeBSD 2.2.1 machine with 8 modems on it.
> I had a little trouble getting it config-ed, but after 5 minutes with tech
> support at Cyclades, had the problem resolved.  The memory address it has set
> as default conflicted with one of the other devices on FreeBSD.  (Don't
> remember which one.)  Watch for that and you should be fine.

 Yes, they mention this one in the FAQ !... :)
 Still, I'd surely like to see a detailed presentation page for each
model, not just one big (and I might add not too pretty) page with all "Y"
models with links to FAQ & General features.

> If I had to do it again, I'd go for the expandable PCI.  Cheaper in the long
> run.

 That's what I was thinking too...

> One other note:
> Unless they have changed the board, the DIP switches are very easy to access.
> Too easy in my case.  As I was inserting a new ethernet card, I bumped all the
> DIP switches for the IRQ setting from off to on.  Cause me great headaches
> before I notice it!

 Cute thing ;)

> Patrick
>
> P.S.  Make sure you check their specials.  I got ours for 50% as a first time
> buyer.

 Be sure I will !!! This sounds very , very attractive !
 Do you know by any chance if their official distributors carry these
specials too ?

 Thanks a lot !
 Ady (@warpnet.ro)