Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 00:08:38 +0100
From:      Bernd Luevelsmeyer <bdluevel@heitec.net>
To:        will@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/25221: new port: "hunt" game from 4.4BSD-Lite2

will@FreeBSD.org wrote:

> Synopsis: new port: "hunt" game from 4.4BSD-Lite2
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: will
> State-Changed-When: Sat Mar 24 22:33:48 PST 2001
> State-Changed-Why:
> I changed a few behaviors and made it work.  I changed the name of the port

Thanks! But, well, I had the impression that it *did* already work...
:-)

> to 44bsd-hunt to make sure people understood that it is from 4.4BSD, and by
> convention.  Also changed filenames of patchfiles for clarity.  EXTRACT_*

That's ok with me.

> really isn't appropriate for this kind of thing, so just write our own.  BTW,

Your extract mechanism is much shorter, and consequently more elegant,
than the one I had. Thanks.

> no other port does checking on ownership etc. so it is pointless to do it here.
> And also, if files pass checksum, no need to check to see if they make it to
> ${WRKSRC}.

Not knowing what's required behaviour at this stage, I had stolen that
from /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk almost verbatim, the ".if
!target(do-extract)" thing around line 1710.

Thanks,
	Bernd