Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 15:10:22 +0100
From:      Cillian Sharkey <cillian@baker.ie>
To:        Mark Einreinhof <montana1@home.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MYSQL install

> I used /stand/sysinstall to install mysql 3.22.22. I then went to mysql web
> site and saw they had a newer version, 3.22.25. How do I uninstall 3.22.22
> so that I may install 3.22.25?

You should be able to install the latest packages of mysql
for FreeBSD from :

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/packages/databases/

download the .tgz files you want and then use pkg_add to install
them (you might need to get some other packages aswell to satisfy
dependencies)

I doubt they'll be _the_ latest up-to-the-minute version possible,
but you can check anyway..

- Cillian