Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:31:45 -0800
From:      Mike Makonnen <mtm@identd.net>
To:        Sergey Mokryshev <mokr@mokr.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rc_ng breakage introduced with src/etc/rc.d/Makefile 1.5

--6sX45UoQRIJXqkqR

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 01:31:26AM +0300, Sergey Mokryshev wrote:
[ snip ]

> ldconfig does not have proper anchor and is mistakenly ordered to run
> first (without any filesystems mounted (except R/O root) yet).

This is a good example of why I didn't support the removal of the NetBSD
scripts when it was done. However, I can also understand Gordon't point
of view and why he removed them: namely, because of rc.d bloat, confusing u=
sers,
and the implied suggestion that we support those scripts on our platform (c=
orrect
me if I'm wrong Gordon).

> * So I'm complaining mostly about removing files without fixing
> dependencies in the remaining scripts *
>
> Probably the best solution is to backout rev 1.5 of
> src/etc/rc.d/Makefile. It was tested before 5.0-DP2 and it just
> works.

The dependencies are fine for the default order. I don't think there
was any implicit or explicit guarantee that if you changed the order things
wouldn't break. For your particular situation I think the following will
give the desired order:
1. Leave rc.d/named alone
2. Modify rc.d/ldconfig :
        # REQUIRE: SERVERS
        # BEFORE: named

Cheers.
--=20
Mike Makonnen	<mtm@identd.net>
GPG Key-ID: 0xDBCC68B9	 GPG-KEY: http://www.identd.net/~mtm/mtm.asc
Key fingerprint =3D D228 1A6F C64E 120A A1C9  A3AA DAE1 E2AF DBCC 68B9

--6sX45UoQRIJXqkqR

--6sX45UoQRIJXqkqR--