Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:13:24 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
Cc:        wilko@freebsd.org, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unaligned access fault panic during boot?

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 05:24:41PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 11:17:00PM +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> > Using a freshly supped -current source tree (2 hours ago) I'm getting a
> > panic on boot:
>
> Are you still experiencing this?  I was getting the same on a DS20 two
> days ago.

Yes I am :-(

I supped the latest -current as of yesterday evening. Built world using
my trusty kernel.works. Buildworld ran fine. Make installworld ran fine.
Building a kernel ran fine. Boot said 'kaboom'

Just guessing here: could this be related in some way with the *.hints
mechanism?

Any chance someone can provide me with a -current kernel (GENERIC one
*including* the vn device would be fine) to see if that works? I would
like to at least try a make release to have a stab at the Lynx testing.
[assuming the generated CD would not have the same problem ;-) ]

Wilko
--
Wilko Bulte  	 	http://www.freebsd.org  "Do, or do not. There is no try"
wilko@freebsd.org	http://www.nlfug.nl	Yoda - The Empire Strikes Back