Date:      Wed, 27 May 1998 10:19:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dan Roberts <droberts@gwis.com>
To:        "Alex G. Bulushev" <bag@sinbin.demos.su>
Cc:        Jay <jay@oneway.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apache/freebsd limits on vhost servers

On Wed, 27 May 1998, Alex G. Bulushev wrote:

> >     I've successfully run 255 vhosts on a single FreeBSD machine (ips
> > ifconfig'ed onto lo0) without any trouble.  We have two machines in that
> > configuration right now.  They handle all of the vhosts with no problem at
> > all. I have heard tell of people doing more than that, but I've never
> > tried.
>
> we now successfully run 380 vhosts (ifconfig on fxp0, not lo0) on single PC
> using 2 class C network and i think that this is not a limit
> no problem with arp table

Terrific!  That's just what I needed to hear.  :)  We've had trouble with
the old machine which is running BSDI 2.1.. I suspected the FD limit but
wanted to be sure.

Thanks for everyone's responses!

--
Dan Roberts, http://gwis.com/~droberts        Gateway to Internet Services
sysadmin/ircadmin, Strahd on DALnet IRC     for Internet access in NE Ohio