Date:      Mon, 5 Sep 2005 21:50:15 GMT
From:      Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/85735: Force imake respect CC/CXX

The following reply was made to PR ports/85735; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 23:48:10 +0200

 Proposed patch actually replaces defaults with the settings of $CC and $CXX in
 effect at the time imake is built. This doesn't seem right. (See also
 ports/65277).

 Furthermore I seem to be unable to reproduce the case where imake would not
 respect $CC. If I define CC=notcc in either /etc/make.conf or try to build
 imake with these commands:

 make CC=nocc build
 env CC=nocc make build

 I always get this error:

 ===>  Configuring for imake-6.8.2
 cd ./config/imake && make  -f Makefile.ini BOOTSTRAPCFLAGS="" CC="nocc"
 making imake with BOOTSTRAPCFLAGS= and CROSSCOMPILEFLAGS=-DCROSSCOMPILEDIR=""
 in config/imake
 nocc -o ccimake -DCROSSCOMPILEDIR=\"\"  -O -I../../include
 -I../../imports/x11/include/X11 ccimake.c
 nocc: not found
 *** Error code 127

 This seems to suggest imake is indeed respecting CC. Is there some specific
 case where it is not so?