Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:21:13 -0500
From:      Tony Holmes <tony@crosswinds.net>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Forwarding with Packet Rewriting

Hi all,

I have what should be a simple problem but due to lack of sleep I can't get
it and need a solution asap.

I have a freebsd 4.11 firewall with ipfw and divert/natd in it.

All I want to do is rewrite packets destined to IP a.b.c.d 25 to
IP a.b.c.e 25 and rewrite them on the way out. a.b.c.d and a.b.c.e
are not on the local machines - but are on the local subnets.

NATD is looking to use the local interface and that's where my tiredness
is coming in. How can I do a simple tranparent rewrite like that.

--
Tony Holmes

Ph: (416) 993-1219

Founder and Senior Systems Architect