Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:28:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      FreeBSD Question <question@blink.dhs.org>
To:        Eric Lee Green <elgreen@iname.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ensoniq AudioPCI

# Luigi's snd code (use INSTEAD of snd0 and all VOXWARE drivers!).
# You may also wish to enable the pnp controller with this, for pnp
# sound cards.
#
controller pnp0
device pcm0 at isa? port ? irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x0

Once again, put above lines in your kernel config file and go for it.
LINT doesn't tell you specifically what kind of kard Luigi's snd code
supports. it's in the README.cards(?) in the snd directory.
I've done this since 3.X-RELEASE.
Luigi's snd code has been the same since then anyway since he stopped
developing it.(hope I am right??)

Byung