Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:02:17 -7
From:      "Jim McIver" <jmciver@lmtribune.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   rc.conf

Well, things were going pretty good until I edited the rc.conf file and
must have a typo on line 16.

It won't read the file and came up with the /bin/sh  shell, but I can't
seems to get access to the file to fix it.

I can do an ls of etc and see the file but can't copy, delete, etc..
because it's ro. I made a backup of the orginal rc.conf with another
name, but can't copy it over.

How do I set my enviroment and give myself rights to change or cp
the file?

Regards,

Jim McIver
Systems Technician