Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 1996 14:20:34 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        "Mark O'Lear" <Mark.Olear@Colorado.EDU>, Jim Dennis <jimd@mistery.mcafee.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MH: inc can't connect to POP mailbox

Doug White wrote in message ID
<Pine.BSF.3.91.960426161446.5439I-100000@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>:
> On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, Mark O'Lear wrote:
> > If you got MH from the FreeBSD packages I believe that it was
> > not compiled to get mail from a remote host (it just ignores
> > the -host switch -- silently).  I ran into this problem around
> > a year ago and had to get the source and compile it myself to
> > get remote POP access.  Unfortunately I can't remember the exact
> > options for compiling, and I no longer use MH.

> I fixed that.  Modify patch-aa and uncomment the pop sections.

Infact, since sometime in February, it's been the default to INCLUDE
POP support:

RCS file: /home/ncvs/ports/mail/mh/patches/patch-aa,v
Working file: patch-aa
[blah blah]
revision 1.3
date: 1996/02/23 01:25:08;  author: pst;  state: Exp;  lines: +8 -8
Fix shared library linking (again).
Fix and enable pop support code.
Fix and enable slocal msgid support code (eliminates duplicates) if .db file
present.

> Is there any way to build a port and have it stop just before it starts
> building it?  ie "make patch"?

Depends where you want it to stop...

The steps are (if I remember) fetch, checksum, extract, patch,
configure, build, install. All are available targets for make.

Gary
--
Gary Palmer                                            FreeBSD Core Team Member
FreeBSD - Turning PC's into workstations. See http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/ for info.